Globally, breast cancer represents one in four of all cases in women. Since 2008, worldwide breast cancer cases have increased by 20%! It is estimated that worldwide over 508,000 women died in 2011 due to breast cancer. Although, a very promising study has been conducted on Annatto based Tocotrienol which has been proven to help you combat breast cancer and during recovery too. A Canadian company, Eannatto has successfully harvested Annatto for Tocotrienols to deliver it to every corner of the world to provide maximum health benefits.
So why Tocotrienol ?
- Antioxidants,especially Tocotrienol was observed to exhibit anti-cancer activity against breast cancer cells.
- Angiogenesiswhich is the process of formation of blood vessels in cancer cells like in your breast cancer promotes cancer cell death to a very great extent.
- Apoptosis is the programmed cell death which leads to the death of cancer cells. Tocotrienol induces apoptosis in breast cancer cells by increasing endoplasmic reticulum stress and autophagy thus helping in killing cancer cells.
- Cell Proliferation is the process by which cancer cells copy their DNA and divide into more cancer cells during mitosis thus lead to spreading cancer. According to several kinds of research, it has been observed Tocotrienols suppress the proliferation of breast cancer cells by altering the expression of oxidative stress modulatory enzymes GPX, SOD, NQO1, and NQO2.
- Chemopreventionand anti-cancer activity against breast cancer have been observed in Tocotrienols both in vitro and in vivo researches.
- Lipid Raft Disruption is induced by Gamma-Tocotrienol which encourages anti-proliferative activity in breast cancer cells.
- Phenotypes of breast cancer cells, Estrogen-receptor-positive (ER+) and estrogen-receptor-negative (ER-) both were observed to be reduced by the action of Tocotrienol by inhibition of HMGCR activity.
- K-Ras, H-Ras, and pERK expressions were observed to be inhibited by Gamma-Tocotrienol which inhibited mammary cancer cell growth.
- In Vitro (Procedure performed outside of a living organism)and In Vivo (Effects of an experiment in a living organism) studies of Tocotrienol have shown anti-cancer activities of Tocotrienol against breast cancer cells.
- Anti-Tumor effects on breast cancer have been observed by all kinds of Tocotrienols isoforms.
- Annatto-Tocotrienol which comprises of 90% of Delta-Tocotrienol and 10% of Gamma-Tocotrienol reportedly delayed the development of mammary tumor and reduced the number and size of the tumor via enhancing both apoptosis and senescent-like growth arrest in Her-2/neu transgenic mice.
Under the study, 200-900 mg/day of Tocotrienols were used to treat breast cancer cells and no adverse effects were observed and the death of breast cancer cells was witnessed.
Why Tocotrienol and Not Tocopherol?
- Tocopherol, the enemy of Tocotrienol: Earlier, in a breast cancer clinical study a mixture of Tocotrienol and Tocopherol was used but then Tocopherol was replaced by Gamma-Tocotrienol because it witnessed interference of Tocopherol in the functioning of Tocotrienol! Tocopherol has been observed to attenuate cancer inhibition, inhibits absorption, reduces adipose storage, and compromises cholesterol and triglyceride reduction.
- Tocopherol, the antagonist in breast cancer treatment: Alpha-Tocopherol not only interfered with the functioning of Tocotrienol but also antagonized DHA’s anticancer properties while Gamma-Tocotrienol enhanced DHA’s effect.
- Tocotrienol, the protector of State: Tocotrienol has more mobility than Tocopherol due to its small structure so it can cover a larger area targeting more number of breast cancer cells.
- Small structure and less molecular weight: The higher anti-oxidant activity of Tocotrienols is due to their small structure and less molecular weight which assist in their integration of the cell, unlike Tocopherols.
- Tocotrienols: Latest Cancer Research in Vitamin E by Barrie Tan, Ph.D., and Anne M.Trias, MS.
- Tocotrienols: The Promising Analogues of Vitamin Efor Cancer Therapeutics